Sunday, July 31, 2011

I've Said It Before

One of the best things you can do for your WYD preparations is to take care of yourself.

I woke at about 5:45 am this morning. Well before I needed to be up. I woke with a terrible headache and was quite warm (didn't turn my ceiling fan on last night and I have grown accustomed to that - thanks Dad for installing that this past spring!).

Instead of wallowing in my misery, I pulled myself together, rolled out of bed and got moving. Since it was still dark enough I didn't want to walk my dog, I headed to the kitchen. I emptied the dishwasher (second least favorite chore), made a cup of coffee, and did one or two other things while the Excedrin kicked in. Then it was out with Grace, my jungle dog.

When I came back in, with a tidy kitchen in view that matched the fairly tidy living room, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to spend time in prayer. It also gave me more than enough time to reorganize my prayer things at my favorite spot. (Can you tell I'm a Type A?) After some time in Romans, journaling, and spending some time reading from a book, I'm ready for my day.

This morning's prayer time was great. No revelations, definitely no burning bush (would have scared Jungle Dog), but rather the quiet peaceful time being with God.

I get to continue my day with some of my favorite things. I'm heading out soon to take a friend's daughter to Greenfield Village for the morning and early afternoon where we shall enjoy a tea (fantastic thing to do as a treat). Then I hope to convince her to stop at the craft store so I can buy some lace (I want to make something). Once I drop her off at home I will return home myself where I shall make two more skirts and several fabric watch bands. Very Suzy Homemaker, yes, but it is nice to make something tangible and the skirts will be worn in just over a week on the WYD trip (one to travel in and the other will be for in Rome).

It is so important to get your rest, take care of yourself, and even pamper yourself prior to WYD. While I don't have family in the area, make sure if you are married, have kids, or are near family to spend time with them. I get to do that as my brother will be flying in on Tuesday so I am working like mad so I may take the latter part of this week off to enjoy time with him.

Take care. Literally.

No comments: