Monday, July 25, 2011

Final WYD Prep

Here we are, 15 days to departure for our group. I know everyone has their own prep work, but here's a few highlights from mine:




  • Double checked my first aid kits - plenty of band-aids, ibuprofen, instant ice packs (good for sore ankles and headaches), etc.


  • Double checked health forms for all adults and youth on your trip. Know what conditions you are dealing with - from migraines to diabetes to clumsiness. Having at least a surface level knowledge in the various conditions will help you know if you need to make certain things a higher priority at particular times (meals, rests, etc.)


  • Finished the book for each pilgrim with reflections, daily itinerary, emergency contact info, etc.


  • Gather all the items I'm giving to each pilgrim - exchange items, fan, water bottle, bandannas, book, etc.


  • Get all currency needed - I need to have currency for our two days of guided tours in Italy so that was taken care of and separated from the rest of the currency. Separate your personal currency from any that is given to cover professional expenses.


  • Put together final meeting information - emergency contact information, final itinerary & flight info, airport carpool lists, extra copies of packing information, etc.

I also am realizing that I need to take care of myself this week. I am enjoying good coffee, making myself eat the fabulous meals I made over the weekend and froze, longer walks with my dog, and some fun things this weekend (taking a friend's daughter to tea at Greenfield Village, amongst other things).


I'll post more as the week goes on. My goal is to be basically set by August 1 as my brother arrives the next day. Then I can just do the few last minute things and get my own things together.

No comments: