Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A New Week

As do many in ministry who work the weekend, I take Mondays as my day off.  Yesterday was one of those days where I couldn't wait to get to work today so I could rest. You know the sort of 'day off' that I'm talking about where errands, chores, and so forth having you running around non-stop.

I realized how lucky I am that I do look forward to returning to work after my day off. While I wouldn't mind another day so I could sleep in, watch NCIS reruns, and cozy up with my dog while I read a good book, ultimately, I do look forward to returning to work.

There are far too few people who can say that. Yes, there are times where I lose that feeling, but those times are the exception, not the rule.

This also ties into the world of ministry insofar as are we helping others to discern their gifts, talents, and skills? Are we facilitating their discernment and response to God's call?

I love that our parish offers programs like the Business Professional Group, unemployment support, faith in the work place, and more. Particularly for those in our young adult ministry these resources are quite helpful.

No comments: