Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jenn's Law #1

We all roll our eyes and quote "Murphy's Law" when something goes wrong.

I propose a new set of laws - Jenn's Laws.  These relate to the specific ways things roll in ministry.

To begin with:

"When you get sick, you will go from fine to death warmed over in about two hours.  Of course, this will occur the first two hours of an overnight retreat.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to my current condition? Anyone? Bueller?  Bueller?

Yup, exhausted, finished a retreat around noon and have youth group at 7:00 pm.  And I have almost no voice, difficulties breathing, and am generally a breeding ground of charming forms of mucus punctuated by horrible coughs.  

2 comments:

David said...

Jenn,
I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. Feel better: Green tea, soup with szechuan pepper, and lots of sleep.

Jenn said...

Ah, alas, while I've consumed copious amounts of tea, my spice cabinet does not contain Szechwan pepper (amazingly) and with an upcoming retreat, sleep is illusive.

Thanks for the thought!
J