Friday, November 13, 2009

The Norm


There are just a pocketful of days until NCYC when I, like many other intrepid youth ministers out there, will head to Kansas City for a relaxing three day conference with 25,000 of our quietest and most restrained youth.

Right.

While I could use a bit more sleep between now and then, I am very much looking forward to NCYC. It is always fascinating to find out that as bizarre as my teens are, they are very much normal. Of course, our parish group will be attempting to get the best seats possible each day during the general sessions since we want to cheer on and get quality photos of our youth who is an animator.

In addition, this week has been all social justice, all the time. On Wednesday we had the informational meeting on our service trip to Bolivia. Last night was the Ohio service trip meeting. I am terribly excited for both those...now if only my Rosetta Stone software would show up, Spanish please, not the Italian that was incorrectly delivered. Last I checked, the national language of Bolivia was not Italian.

With all the major things brewing, I've had the important reminders to pay attention to the individuals too -

The teen who is in the school musical.
Two youth struggling with a huge family issue.
A young adult with a new job.
A young woman overwhelmed by new responsibilities...

No comments: