Thursday, November 8, 2012

Two Little Books

 


I carry this little guy around. The version I have is just 2.5 x 4 inches. In it I keep quotes I find that speak to me.  Some are from secondary sources, other the primary source. They all end up being things I reflect on, include in my own writings, or send along when they come to mind to another mind looking for wisdom.
I also always carry my little Bible. At 4.75 x 6.5 inches, it can easily go into my purse or tote bag. Obviously I rely on it constantly for work. In it are bits of scrap fabric I use to mark pages for one reason or another. I have a few prayers and quotes I've scribbled in the blank pages found at the front and the back covers. 
These two little books go everywhere. I know I don't know everything and in these I find words of wisdom, consolation, encouragement, and assistance. If I happen to forget them, leave them at home, or in a tote bag I managed to not bring with me at that moment, I feel their absence.
What do you find necessary to take with you? Is it a help or a hindrance to your daily life? Does it further your walk with God?
I'll leave you with two recent lines from each I have spent time with today:                                                                                   
"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete." John 15.11                                    

"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Mafia." Kurt Vonnegut

No comments: