Sunday, March 20, 2011

Young Church

On Saturday I have the task of somehow expressing in approximately 50 minutes the experience of the young adult Church around the world....

...yeah....ummm....okay....

Now it can be safely assumed that there is no possible way to completely present that topic in that time allotted. So, I find myself whittling things down to a few ideas:

1. My experiences of Church. I've traveled to some different places under different circumstances. As an outsider in the country, what are my observations?

2. With those travels, and especially the Pontifical Council for the Laity's Youth Forum last year, I have friends from around the world. What are their thoughts on the Church, young adult Catholics, and the particular experiences of those young adults?

So over the course of the week, I'm going to pull together my notes, emails and Facebook messages sent to me from friends, and any other tidbits I can think of. Should you have thoughts to share, please do. I would love to hear them.

If you're in the great state of Michigan, why not come to the Michigan Catholic Young Adult Conference this Friday & Saturday? You could hear this blogger speak or go to one of the other (much better) workshops.

No comments: